James Wilson originally started trading in 1923, providing wholesale grocery support to the local retail and food-service industry. Since 1996, the firm has traded as James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd, operating from it's warehouse on the Garson Industrial Estate in Stromness. "Wilson's" is a family run firm, owned by the Kirkpatrick family, who maintain the firm's small community, customer-focused practices.
Currently employing twenty one people, employee service with the Company ranges from almost fifty years, to seasonal staff, recruited for the busier summer months.
The firm has a competitive pension scheme, and offers six weeks paid holiday per calendar year (pro-rata
for part time employees).