James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd is seeking an appropriately experienced individual to assume the position of Warehouse Worker (Delivery Driver as required). James Wilson originally started trading in 1923, providing wholesale grocery support to the local retail and food-service industry.
Since 1996, the firm has traded as James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd, operating from it's warehouse on the Garson Industrial Estate in Stromness. "Wilson's" is owned by its managing Director, Keith Leonard, who maintains the firm's small community, customer-focused practices. Currently employing 18 people, employee service with the Company ranges from forty seven years, to just one year for the most recently recruited member of our team.
Responsible to the Warehouse Foreman, the Role Responsibilities are:
- Use picking lists to accurately select ordered goods and prepare them as vehicle loads
- Effectively complete driver’s pre and post-use vehicle safety checks
- Safely and accurately drive established delivery routes, to a required schedule
- Respond courteously, with clarity and accuracy to enquiries from customers and colleagues
- Appropriately assume colleagues’ tasks, as directed, when required to cover staff absence
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, changing environment through frequent interruptions - Essential
- Able to work cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results - Essential
- Able to remain courteous and calm with customers in all situations - Essential
- Able to drive light goods vehicles - Full clean driving licence - Desirable
- Able to work creatively within standard procedures to fit a specific situation - Desirable
Whilst contracted as part time for 16 hours per week (Monday 08:00 to 17:00, Tuesday & Thursday 08:00 to 12:00) the role will be paid at a competitive hourly rate for up to thirty nine hours per week between Monday and Friday, as required. The firm has a competitive pension scheme, and offers six weeks paid holiday per calendar year (pro-rata for part time employees).
To download the job specification for this role, please click here.
Applicants are invited to send a covering letter and CV to: General Manager, James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd, Garson Industrial Estate, Stromness, Orkney, KW16 3AF, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on 'Apply for this job now' to use the website CV builder.
Any informal enquiries can be directed to 01856 850 234.
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled directly by the employer. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy are required to submit their own application following the instructions listed above. The employer advertising this vacancy is responsible for contacting you regarding the progress of your application.