Do you share our commitment to supporting positive change in people’s lives?
Ypeople has over 200 staff and volunteers, and supports hundreds of people every day in our homelessness, young people’s well-being and out of school care services.
We are recruiting for a Support Worker Level 1 to work in our Young Persons’ Supported Accommodation Service in Orkney.
How you will make a difference:
- Actively practising person-centred planning and unconditional positive key work, meeting to develop and review support plans
- Developing life skills with service users
- Planning, implementing and developing workshops or programme activities with service users
What you will bring:
- Personal values aligned with Ypeople’s core values
- Educated to SVQ level 3 H&SC or HNC or equivalent (or willingness to work towards)
- Understanding of issues surrounding homelessness
- Experience of work with vulnerable service users
How we will support you:
- Competitive salary, company pension, childcare vouchers, life assurance
- Generous annual leave entitlement (6 weeks in the first year rising to 8 weeks from the second)
- Excellent development opportunities (access to varied training)
- £9,520 - £10,562 per annum plus sleep-in payment of £12,303
- 19.5 hours plus 3.5 sleep-ins on average per week
Click on apply and you will be redirected to the YPeople website for further information and application details or alternatively use the following link - https://www.ypeople.org.uk/vacancy/support-worker-level-1/
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th February
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled directly by the employer. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy are required to submit their own application following the instructions listed above. The employer advertising this vacancy is responsible for contacting you regarding the progress of your application.