Relationships Scotland Orkney is a successful third sector organisation in Orkney delivering a wide-range of therapeutic and family services. The key role of Service Director has been introduced to provide leadership and implement service delivery functions.
The Service Director will develop the organisation, within the overall strategic direction set by the board, providing key services for the community in Orkney; supporting individuals, couples, children, young people, families, and promote positive and respectful relationships.
The Service Director will
- be directly responsible to the board who will line manage and supervise their activities and performance.
- line manage the Client Liaison Worker, Administrator, Team Lead Practitioners and Contact Centre Coordinator, and oversee the management of all staff.
- ensure the careful management of the organisation’s finances, including applications to appropriate funding bodies and timely and effective reporting procedures.
- ensure all service delivery is effective and of a high quality.
- work with the Board and staff team to identify opportunities for service development and lead on development opportunities.
- network with the statutory and third sectors across Orkney
- attend internal management and Board meetings, as well as national meetings.
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field in one of the following fields; Health & Social Care, Business Management or Accountancy
- A Professional Management qualification
Experience and Knowledge
- Strong background in working with financial systems, managing budgets and preparing management accounts
- Developing, delivering and managing services and projects to a high professional standard
- Commissioning and tendering experience, with a track record of successful funding applications and evaluation
- Presentations, networking and proven ability to develop relationships
- Partnership working locally and nationally
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good observational and analytical skills
- Non-judgemental, open and friendly approach
Salary: Circa £31,000 per year
Hours: 36 Hours per week (flexible, includes evenings / weekends)
Pension: 8% Employer Pension Contribution
Holidays: 37 days including Public Holidays pro rata
The full job description and person specification please click here
To apply: Please send completed application forms by email to email@example.com.
Full application form available here
If you wish to discuss this vacancy prior to applying please contact Renate either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01856 877750
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being supported by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. You may be contacted by Relationship Scotland Orkney directly or The Orkney Employment Consultancy.’