Due to business development Breckan Ltd (comprising of Ola Gorie Jewellery, The Longship and Kirkness & Gorie) are seeking a creative and skilled Marketing Co-ordinator to lead on all online marketing activities, and play a key role in traditional marketing activities. Breckan Ltd and its brands have become synonymous with the highest possible level of quality and has established a reputation over a number of years as a key company in the Orkney retail sector. As the successful Marketing Co-ordinator you will be joining a small, friendly company, with two directors (Duncan McLean and Ingrid Tait) who work in the business every day along with eleven other dedicated staff.
- Website Content Management – creating web content, online web promotions, monitoring analytics and encouraging sales growth on olagoriejewellery.com and kirknessandgorie.com, and supporting the re-launch and promotion of the longship.co.uk.
- Social Media Management –creating and implementing regular, engaging social media content that raises brand awareness, increases customer engagement and results in increased traffic in store and online.
- Email Marketing – planning and co-ordinating regular customer newsletters and mailshots via Mailchimp.
- Blogging - writing regular blogs for the business including news, history, special offers etc.
- Management of Promotional Displays – maintaining promotional displays at local outlets.
- Miscellaneous Duties - as a small, flexible and supportive team at Breckan Ltd, all members of staff assist in areas across the business when business need demands.
- Previous experience or relevant qualification in marketing
- Ability to create eye catching, engaging and interactive marketing content for web and social media audiences
- A high degree of computer literacy, including familiarity with website maintenance, marketing tools and graphics programmes such as Mailchimp, Canva, Picmonkey etc
- Good organisational skills, especially the ability to prioritise your time and workload
- Excellent written skills in particular the ability to produce a high standard of copy for marketing content
- Creative flair
- Experience of window displays or similar would be advantageous, but is not essential, as this task can be carried out with the assistance of our experienced shop staff
- Knowledge of jewellery and in particular Ola Gorie jewellery, as well as Orkney history (the inspiration for many of our designs) would be highly advantageous
- A wider interest in craft, fabric and high-quality design
- Driver's License
- Part-time of approx. 15-20 hours per week. For candidates interested in full-time hours this position can be joined together with the position of Ecommerce Administrator or a retail position within the company.
- Start and finish times can be negotiated to suit the requirements of the successful candidate.
- Salary:The rate will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills.
- Pension:The Company operates a pension scheme on behalf of its employees, which employees are eligible to join following successful completion of their probationary period.
- Staff discount:A generous staff discount scheme is offered across all our shops
- Holidays: We offer twenty-eight days of holidays per year, including public holidays.
A full job description for this position is available to download here.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th December
To apply: If you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV to email@example.com. If you would like to informally discuss this position prior to applying, call Claire on 07886115839.
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.