RM Computing are undergoing expansion due to growing demand for our services and we now require a graduate with a keen interest in pursuing a career in IT to join our team. You don’t need to have qualified in IT you just need to be passionate about working in this exciting and expanding industry. For the right graduate we will invest in you with all the necessary training to start you off as a Technician and advance you to a specialist role in Cyber Security, eventually taking the lead on a consultancy basis in this field.
As the successful graduate you will be working directly with our customers, supporting and deploying business IT solutions both remotely and on-site. There will be a key focus on Cyber Security and the delivery of consultancy and support in this area to customers.
RM computing is a leading provider of IT support for businesses in Orkney. We provide services to a wide range of industries including; Renewable Energy, Professional Services, Media, Marine as well as many others. Cyber security is an area of considerable growth and we want to invest time and training and develop a focused, driven and enthusiastic graduate to support our growth in this area of the business.
Following initial technical training:
- Customer Service
- Technical Support
- Ensuring Customer Security Compliance
Following specialist Cyber Security training:
- Cyber Security Consultancy
- Recent graduate in a relevant discipline (HND level or above) or student due to graduate this academic year
- Meticulous approach to work with a high level of attention to detail
- Keen interest in Information Technology
- Strong analytical and technical skills background
- Driving license is essential (vehicle will be provided)
- Willingness to work out of hours when required (TOIL will be offered)
- Professional IT qualifications such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare would be highly desirable
- Knowledge or specialist training in Cyber Security
- Technical training
- Microsoft Certification if not already held
- Cyber Security specific training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 30 Days annual leave
- Toil for out-of-hours work
- Provision of vehicle for on-site work
- Laptop and mobile phone contract
To view the full Job Description and Person Specification for this role please click here.
To apply: If you wish to apply for this fantastic opportunity please submit your CV to email@example.com. If you would like to informally discuss this position prior to applying call Claire on 07886115839.
Closing Date: Thursday 21st February
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.