James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd is seeking an appropriately experienced individual to assume the position of Foreman. James Wilson originally started trading in 1923, providing wholesale grocery support to the local retail and food-service industry. Since 1996, the firm has traded as James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd, operating from it's warehouse on the Garson Industrial Estate in Stromness. "Wilson's" is a family run firm, owned by the Kirkpatrick family, who maintain the firm's small community, customer-focused practices. Currently employing twenty one people, employee service with the Company ranges from almost fifty years, to seasonal staff, recruited for the busier summer months.
The ideal candidate for the position of Foreman will be a suitable interface between employees and supervisors and be capable of coordinating operations by directing work. Strong leadership skills are essential, and extensive experience in supply chain logistics is highly desirable.
Responsible to the General Manager, the Role Responsibilities are:
- Coordinate tasks according to directed priorities
- Monitor attendance of staff
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise employees and any contractors visiting the site
- Ensure staff adhere to established safety precautions and quality management standards
- Appropriately supervise use of machinery and equipment, such as forklifts
- Regularly report progress to the General Manager
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills - Essential
- Ability to communicate and report effectively - Essential
- Problem-solving abilities - Essential
- Proven experience as a foreman - Highly Desirable
- In-depth knowledge of logistics principles - Highly Desirable
The role will be paid at a competitive hourly rate for thirty nine hours per week between Monday and Friday, with additional pay available for agreed overtime. The firm has a competitive pension scheme, and offers six weeks paid holiday per calendar year (pro-rata for part time employees).
To download the job specification for this role, please click here.
To apply: Applicants are invited to send a covering letter and CV to General Manager, James Wilson (Orkney) Ltd, Garson Industrial Estate, Stromness, Orkney, KW16 3JU or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on 'Apply for this job now' to use the website CV builder. Any informal enquiries can be directed to 01856 850 234.
Closing date: 23rd July 2018
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled directly by the employer. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy are required to submit their own application following the instructions listed above. The employer advertising this vacancy is responsible for contacting you regarding the progress of your application.