Breckan Ltd (comprising of Ola Gorie Jewellery, The Longship and Kirkness & Gorie) are seeking an Ecommerce Administrator to lead on all online commercial activities within the business. Breckan Ltd and its brands have become synonymous with the highest possible level of quality and has established a reputation over a number of years as a key company in the Orkney retail sector. As the successful Ecommerce Administrator you will be joining a small, friendly company, with two directors (Duncan McLean and Ingrid Tait) who work in the business every day along with eleven other dedicated staff.
- Processing Website Orders – accepting and checking payment; selecting jewellery from stock, creating invoices/delivery notes; packing and dispatching orders by post.
- Customer Correspondence – liaising with customers via email and phone to deal with enquiries and support purchasing requirements as well as processing catalogue requests.
- Customer Database Maintenance – ensuring essential customer information is recorded and maintained in line with GDPR requirements.
- Stock Ordering and Processing – monitoring levels of stock and completing orders for management sign-off including careful processing of bespoke orders.
- Invoice Checking – monthly checking of supplier invoices against orders and rectifying any invoicing errors.
- Miscellaneous Duties- as a small, flexible and supportive team at Breckan Ltd, all members of staff assist in areas across the business when business need demands.
- A high degree of computer literacy, including knowledge and experience of Excel spreadsheets
- Good organisational skills, especially the ability to prioritise your time and workload
- Excellent team working in particular liaising with other staff and suppliers in processing orders accurately and efficiently to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent customer service skills in particular a good phone manner when dealing with phone enquiries and the ability to deal with questions and problems politely and effectively
- A high level of accuracy when handling money, processing invoices and payments
- Previous experience of Ecommerce work would be highly advantageous however full training can be given
- Knowledge of jewellery and in particular Ola Gorie jewellery, as well as Orkney history (the inspiration for many of our designs) would be highly advantageous.
- A wider interest in craft, fabric and high-quality design.
- Driver’s License
- Part-time of approx. 20 hours per week. For candidates interested in full-time hours this position can be joined together with the position of Marketing Co-ordinator or a retail position within the company.
- Start and finish times can be negotiated to suit the requirements of the successful candidate.
- Salary:The rate will be based on the successful candidate’s experience and skills.
- Pension:The Company operates a pension scheme on behalf of its employees, which employees are eligible to join following successful completion of their probationary period.
- Staff discount:A generous staff discount scheme is offered across all our shops
- Holidays: We offer twenty-eight days of holidays per year, including public holidays.
A full job description for this position is available to download here.
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th December
To apply: If you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV to email@example.com. If you would like to informally discuss this position prior to applying, call Claire on 07886115839.
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.