Highland Industrial Supplies Ltd, Scotland's largest independent industrial supply group, has earned the reputation of providing excellent service through our vast range of products and the knowledge and helpfulness of our staff.
We are seeking a Driver to join our Kirkwall branch. This role is to assist the Depot Manager and other team members by ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of goods to our customers and depots.
It is essential to hold a current driving license and C1 license for this position.
- Loading goods/materials onto vehicles ready for dispatch
- Processing cash transactions with customers; confirming proof of delivery and ensuring goods are signed for.
- Carry out daily checks on your vehicle including, lights, tyres, brakes etc. to ensure it is roadworthy.
- Ensure all loads comply with Health & Safety legislation ensuring tonnage does not exceed legal limit.
- You are expected to drive within the law at all times, comply with speed limits and be courteous to other road users.
Main Skills & Qualities:
- CPC card would be desirable
- To work on your own initiative
- Ability to handle complaints and queries
- Prioritise and manage your workload
- An awareness of safe driving techniques
This is a full-time, permanent position.
Availability to be part of our Saturday rota is necessary.
To apply: Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR in writing to:
Highland industrial supplies LTD
4 Grainshore drive
Hatston industrial estate
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.