MacGregor Industrial Supplies require a Counter Assistant to join their friendly, busy Kirkwall team.
- Provide support and advice for customers in the showroom, telephone and by E Mail
- Arranging specialist and/or equipment showroom displays
- Developing sales of specialist product range and/or equipment
- Document, progress and advise those necessary, of customer returns
- Respond to customer needs linked to stock queries
- Complete cycle counts on a rotational basis
- Where applicable arrange PDI (pre-delivery inspection) for equipment sold
- To work on an electronic point of sale (EPOS)
- Manage cash and payment systems in accordance with company procedures and policies
- Replenish showroom shelves, create daily pick-lists and retain high level of cleanliness
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- Basic keyboard skills
- Basic knowledge of relevant systems, equipment and processes
- The ability to negotiate with customers
- The ability to work on their own, and make decisions relevant to the successful outcome and conclusion of the sales process
- Ability to respond positively to new challenges and change
To apply: Click on 'Apply for this job now' to upload your CV and covering letter or to access our website CV builder. If you would like to informally discuss this position prior to applying call Claire on 07886115839.
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.