Orkney Golf Club, founded in 1889, boasts a thriving membership along with modern, attractive facilities. The clubhouse includes a lounge and bar situated on the upper floor offering beautiful panoramic views over the Northern Isles.
The club wish to increase their team of permanent staff to include the newly created position of Clubhouse Manager - this position can be offered as a full-time or part-time job. The successful Clubhouse Manager does not need to be a golfer, the priority for this position is to employ a Clubhouse Manager who takes pride in the management and promotion of an excellent facility.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Bar management duties
- Staff rotas
- Stock management
- Arranging food provision for weekend competitions
- Meeting visitors to the club, distributing clubs / trolleys etc
- Attending and involvement in committee meetings
- Marketing activities to increase use of the facilities
- Arranging events and fundraisers
- Organising and promoting club nights
- Outgoing personality
- High level of customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Food hygiene qualification is preferable but not essential as training will be provided
- Previous experience within the licensed sector would be welcomed but is not essential as full training will be given
This vacancy would ideally be offered as a permanent position, however the club would also be interested in hearing from applicants looking for seasonal employment only. Any full-time or part-time position would come with 28 days annual leave (pro rata) and pension contributions.
To apply: If you wish to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to informally discuss this position prior to applying call Claire on 07886115839.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th February
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by The Orkney Employment Consultancy under the terms of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations, 2003. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy will be contacted directly regarding the above vacancy and do not need to submit an additional application.