Elior UK is owned by the Group Elior, a European leader in contracted food service with over €3.1bn in annual sales. Elior UK is a key player in the Business & Industry, Education and Healthcare sectors; these form Elior UK's Contracts sector. We are also a key player in the sports, stadia and leisure market. The third sector in which Elior UK operates is in the Integrated Services sector, where we operate in the Defense and Facilities Management sectors; Elior's goal is to apply its expertise to providing ever greater well-being, quality and safety for its clients and guests and to be active wherever there is a taste for life.
We are seeking 2 Catering/Cafe Assistants to work in the Island Kitchen at Kirkwall Airport.
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu and special offers in order to provide relevant information to customers and clients
- Operate the till point as required throughout service, ensuring correct procedures are used
- Ensure all complaint handling is dealt with professionally and in line with procedures
- Ensure that COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player
- Catering experience desirable but not essential
This role also comes with a workplace pension, life insurance (x2) and 28 days holiday pro-rata (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 31 days after 3 years' service. You can also purchase up to 5 additional days annual leave.
Why work for Elior
- Elior UK has been recognised for a variety of awards such as CSR and chef development programmes which demonstrate the passion and creativity of our great team.
- For all our colleagues we offer a range of discounts such as EE mobile contracts, Nissan vehicles, and lots more offers on leisure and entertainment, gyms and restaurants.
- We focus on our colleagues and hold an annual Elior Award event, issue rewards for recognition every month plus deliver a varied portfolio of development programmes.
- We offer additional leave for charity work and provide a Colleague Support Programme for health & wellbeing advice.
- Elior foster and believe in a diverse workplace, free from discrimination, which leads to an enjoyable and supportive environment.
To Apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or by post to: John Buchanan, Congreve House, Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles, Scotland, HS7 5LA
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled directly by the employer. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy are required to submit their own application following the instructions listed above. The employer advertising this vacancy is responsible for contacting you regarding the progress of your application.