Crossroads Care Orkney are looking for a caring capable person to work with clients of all age groups and disabilities as Care Attendant.
If you are an honest, trustworthy and reliable individual, have an enthusiasm for learning new skills and enjoy spending time with other people, this could be the career for you. As Care Attendant you will work closely with dependents and their carers, providing companionship and emotional support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting the dependent to pursue leisure and occupational activities
- Providing social stimulation both within the home and outside, including escort duties
- Aiding in the rehabilitation process in accordance with medical or nursing instructions
- Assisting with or undertaking personal care tasks when required
- Qualification in caring skills, SVQ’s in caring, nursing or social work.
- Work experience in caring for the elderly/disabled or special needs children either in hospital or at home.
- An understanding and awareness of the role of carers within a rural or island community.
Applicants will need to have a full driving licence and access to a car.
Full Person Specification & Job Description are available here
To apply: If you wish to apply for this vacancy please click here and download the application form. You can submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by post to Crossroads Care Orkney, Kirkwall Travel Centre, West Castle Street, Kirkwall, KW15 1GU.
For additional information contact the Manager: email@example.com
or call - 01856 870500
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled directly by the employer. Candidates currently registered with The Orkney Employment Consultancy are required to submit their own application following the instructions listed above. The employer advertising this vacancy is responsible for contacting you regarding the progress of your application.